While it doesn't always manifest itself, I still believe that character matters -- Doing right versus trying to look good.
For those that are in positions of hiring employees or when seeking business partners and opportunities, today's post is a simple list of 15 traits that are generally not learned in college and worthy of your attention.
• Asks questions
• Cares, makes suggestions
• Adapts quickly to change
• Owns mistakes and results
• Demonstrates loyalty
• Tries new things, takes risks
• Serves people
• Tells the truth
• Radiates joy
• Seeks coaching
• Invests in self-development
• Possesses a mature attitude of "earning" over "deserving"
• Practices personal accountability rather than blaming/whining
* List borrowed from John G. Miller of QBQ -- The Question Behind The Question method of personal accountability.
"Show up early. Stay late. Volunteer for the scut work. Become indispensable."
- Mike Rowe